Consumption of saffron derived from the flower ‘Crocus sativus’, which is considered as a spice, has numerous health benefits.
10 Surprising health benefits of saffron:
Saffron is also called the cousin flower of the famous flower ‘Lily’. It takes a lot of hard work and effort to get saffron therefore its price is very high. If saffron is considered the most expensive spice in the world then it Would not be wrong.
There is a very common tradition that babies are born white as a result of drinking saffron with milk.
Read Also: Health and Nutrition Benefits of Chickpeas.
10 benefits of using saffron are as follows:
- According to medical experts, saffron is a useful ingredient for improving mood and reducing depression.
- Saffron is widely used in various dishes especially in desserts. Saffron is rich in antioxidants and is a very beneficial spice for health. It is also used by cooking it directly in milk.
- Another report published in a scientific journal, nutrition from saffron increases the levels of other brain hormones (happiness hormones) such as dopamine.
- According to a study, 30 mg of saffron daily can be used to treat mild depression.
- British researchers said that saffron is extremely beneficial for the liver. The biomolecules and croissants in this valuable herb are very important for liver health. Saffron helps a lot in preventing cancer.
- According to another study, saffron will also be used in cancer medicine next year due to its medical benefits.
- Nutritionists said that sleep is essential for good health. The natural remedy for sleep deprivation is hidden in saffron. For good and restful sleep, drinking saffron mixed milk at night gives you a good night’s sleep. The manganese in saffron helps in bringing quick sleep.
- According to herbalists, saffron is just as important as a natural beauty product for skin problems such as acne, pimples, white spots or those who suffer from dull and dry skin.
- The use of saffron also helps to cheer up the mood and fight stress during pregnancy.
- Saffron can be a great choice for those who want to whiten their complexion. Soak a pinch of saffron and sunflower seeds in milk overnight to brighten the complexion. Sift and grind this material in the morning, apply this mixture on the face and neck twice a week, this process will brighten the complexion and also bring natural redness to the face.