In this article, we will know How to Change Snapchat Username. Before you create a new account, make a list of your friends’ usernames or take a screenshot of them so you can add them to your new account.
How to Change Snapchat Username:
Users cannot change their usernames or transfer account data across usernames on Snapchat.
This article explains how to overcome these challenges by altering your Snapchat display name or opening a new account and saving your friends’ usernames to add to your new account.
Change the name of your Snapchat account:
First, there’s a clever way to use a custom Display Name instead of your username. Your username remains the same, but only a few of your friends may see it.
This is how you do it:
- Open Snapchat and go to the upper-left corner of the screen to your profile/Bitmoji symbol.
- To access your settings, click the gear symbol in the upper-right corner.
- Choose a name.
- In the Name box, type a new display name.
Instead of your username, the name you save in the Name field displays in your friends’ chats and stories.
Note: A friend will only see your username if they check your profile during a conversation (which includes your snapcode, name, username, snap score, and chat emojis)—or if they search for friends using your Display Name.
Create a new Snapchat account with a unique username:
Creating a new Snapchat account is another option for changing your Snapchat username. You will manually add your friends to your new account if you select this option.
Here’s how to save the Snapchat names of your pals and then establish a new account.
Note that if you establish a new Snapchat account, you will lose all of your previous data, including your current snapcode, snap score, snap streaks, best friends, discussions, and trophies.
- Go to Chat and then to the upper-right corner to the New Chat icon.
- Select All from the drop-down menu to see your friends in alphabetical order. Take a screenshot of the list or write down each name. To cancel the New Chat, click the X in the upper-right corner.
- Type the name of the first buddy on your list into the search field at the top of the screen.
- Make a mental note of the username that shows next to their Display Name.
Rep #4 until you’ve located all of your friends’ usernames.
- To exit the search, select the X in the search bar. To access Settings, select your profile/Bitmoji symbol and then the gear icon in the upper-right corner.
- Go to the bottom of the Settings list and select Log Out, then confirm that you wish to log out of your account.
- Click Sign Up to make a new account with your chosen username.
- Select the magnifying glass icon to search for your friends’ usernames after you’ve completed the account setup process for your new account. To add them, select Add.
Tips: If your pals are already in your device’s contact list, sync your contacts to your account to add them all at once and save time.